If you’ve got a product junkie, diva teen or hair-obsessed guy or gal in your life, then you know how much they appreciate a good hairstyle. For all those last-minute shoppers out there (guilty!), we’ve combed through the top hair accessories, products and tools to give you the ultimate shopping list for hair lovers. Keep Reading!
Let your nails do the talking this Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re happy-go-lucky in love, looking for Cupid’s arrow or feeling single and sassy about a holiday filled with X’s and O’s, we’ve got 16 nail art designs for you to love.<!–more Keep Reading!–> C’mon, venture out from a classic red nail and show your true colors this Valentine’s Day.
Getting a mani for V-Day? Share a pic of your Valentine’s Day-inspired nails in the comments below!
Korea has done it again with yet another ingenious beauty invention. This time they are re-revolutionizing the face mask. Face masks are great in theory and sometimes, it’s absolutely necessary to take a time-out and pamper ourselves with a lengthy at-home spa treatment, but it’s also nice to have the option of a shortcut with equal results. The latter is exactly what the makers of Blithe have brought us. Keep Reading!
Hop off your high horse: Ponytails aren’t reserved solely for bad hair days or working on your fitness, and we have proof. We’ve turned to the top style bloggers out there who have shown us that ponytails are stylishenough to tag along on date night. Still not convinced? After checking out the likes of Chiara Ferragni and Wendy Nguyen in looks that range frompolished and sleek to fun and flirty, you’ll be running for your hair ties stat.
SLEEK AND POLISHED
2. Bangs: Steal your sleek looks from this Detroit native in a high ponytail with blunt bangs. Gabbi Gregg not only gives great hair advice, but she has also designed a sell-out swimwear collection and partnered with brands including Misguided, Nordstrom and Laura Mercier. We’d say her input is legit. (via Gabifresh)
3. Show Off Your Part: Follow the trend that this stylish blogger’s puttin’ down and part your hair down the middle, then slick it back with an air of sophistication. With this look, you’ll exude dating material. (via Girls Off Fifth)
4. Side Part: If you want to look exceptional, follow this diva’s lead and tie your hair up with a sexy side part. Oh, and while you’re at it, you may just want to hop on the jumpsuit trend too. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
5. Short Hair: You’ve probably hit up all her tips and tricks on YouTube, and now it’s time to follow her lead on how to do a short-haired updo in a sleek and sexy way. Don’t forget to add some dazzle with the perfect earrings to match your look. (via The Chriselle Factor)
6. Low Side Pony: Looking for something flirty and fun, yet befitting for aromantic dinner? Shea Marie, who’s worked with the likes of Dior, Gucci, H&M and Guess, has what you need. Let your hair hang low and loose, but keep it chic by pulling it to the side. (via Peace Love Shea)
7. Barely There: Danielle Bernstein will certainly fill you in on what to wear and how to style your hair. Freshen up your look with a barely-there ponytail, and let your date know you’re flirty and fun. (via We Wore What)
FLIRTY AND FUN
11. Messy Bangs: With her own line of t-shirts often displaying trendy sayings and inspirational quotes, there’s no coincidence that this stylist’s look gives off the girl-next-door vibe. If you want to appear approachable and cute on date night, follow suit and show off your bangs with your hair tied back and loose tendrils faming your face. (via Sincerely Jules)
12. Curls Galore: Show your true colors with this free-flowing hairstyle from Karen Blanchard and the experts of Vidal Sassoon. Embracing flirty and loose curls will show off confidence and just feel good. (via Vidal Sassoon)
13. Pony With a Twist: This ModCloth designer and Marie Claire columnist rocks a fun-loving style. Follow her cue and pile your hair high and in a twist for some good messy fun without trying too hard. (via Nicolette Mason)
14. Rocker-Chic: This rocker-chic ponytail is begging for a fun night out on the town. If you’re wearing anything leather as part of your date-night ensemble, please rock this pony with it. (via Peace Love Shea)
15. Beach Babe: Modeling a Jeremy Scott x Adidas French Fry swimsuit, Gabi Gregg shows us the perfect ‘do for a date on the beach. Channel your seaside mermaid with a happy-go-lucky braided high ‘do. If you decide to take a dip with your date, wind that hair into a big bun. (via Gabifresh)
16. Add a Hat: Crisp air, fall leaves and a romantic stroll with your datethrough the park: Sounds ideal, amiright? Keep warm and stylish like San Francisco-based Blaire Eadie by pairing a ponytail with a statement hat. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
17. Tie It up: Here’s an easy outfit upgrade for date night: Just add a ribbon and tie it into a boho bow. Julie Engel shows us two sweet ways to style: tied low and sleek, or playfully tied around a high ponytail. (via Gal Meets Glam)
18. Style Bubble: We typically try to hide the classic rubber band that binds our locks, but Susanna Lau shows us a hip way to show off our hair tie and transform the typical ponytail with a double band. Double dates are thing, so why not a double pony too? (via Style Bubble)
21. Pony Twist: The French know a little thing or two about romance, so go ahead and turn a few heads with this elegant and gorgeous twist. It may look complicated, but it’ll only take a few minutes to put together. (via Gal Meets Glam)
22. Bobby Pins: If you’ve got a last-minute date night or meeting up forhappy hour after work, limp, frizzy hair won’t cut it. Pull your hair back into a tousled side pony, and be sure to tuck away fly-aways by securing them with a few bobby pins. (via Wendy’s Lookbook)
Did we miss your favorite ponytail look? Tell us what you’ll be wearing come Friday or Saturday night!
Between working on your fitness, organizing your home, focusing on healthy eating and resolving to meet whatever resolutions you’ve set for the new year, don’t forget about your hair. If you want to be front and forward when it comes to your ‘do, then it’s out with the old and in with the new. We’re calling it now: Serious length is in, gals. Scroll on for our forecast of 2015’s must-have hair styles.
2. Braids and Twists: If you’ve been eyeing our tutorials and have finally mastered the fishtail braid, you are in luck. Braids and twists have winded their way into this year’s biggest style trends. (Photo via Andreas Rentz/Getty)
3. The ’40s Quiff: Gelled and sleek, this old-time look is taking on a whole new vibe as one of today’s fashion-forward styles. (Photo via Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
4. Slick and Shiny: Slick down those roots, ’cause the “wet” look is in. Just play it like you’ve stepped out of the salty sea. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
5. Air-Dried Texture: If you think blow-outs are blah, put down that hair dryer and embrace this trend that will quickly become your new BFF: textured hair that appears air dried. (Photo via John Parra/Getty)
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
CELEBRITY STYLE TIPS
6. Center Partings: The ’90s strike again, as the middle-part is now more chic than ever. (Photo via Stefania D’Alessandro/Getty)
7. Natural Curls: Girls, if you’ve got ’em, flaunt ’em. It’s time to embrace and show off those curls, ringlets and natural texture. (Photo via Joe Kohen/Getty)
8. Peek-a-boo Punk: Mix up your everyday look with a hint of edge, like messy micro-braidsor ends that are highlighted in colorful shades. Pigmented brows will totally set this look off. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
10. Turtleneck Tuck: No, it’s not really a bob, it’s the tuck. It’s hip to take the ends of long hair and tuck them away into the collars of jackets or coats. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
11. Modern Beehive: Channel your inner Barbie and give your locks a good tease with this iconic ’60s style. (Photo via Pier Marco Tacca/Getty)
Are there any must-have styles on your forecast that we should try? Show us some pics in the comments below.
Do chilled temperatures and cold, dry air have your lips peeling away? Forget about smearing them a million times a day with that tube of chapstick. All you need are a few kitchen ingredients and an exfoliation regime to smooth that pucker out!
What you NEED:
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Organic Local Honey
1 Tablespoon Pure Coconut Oil (don’t have this on hand you may substitute extra virgin olive oil, but coconut oil is better!)
Mix it UP:
For best results before using the coconut oil pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes or so, to thicken up. Gather a small bowl and scoop in 1 tablespoon of the oil along with the honey. Mix until well combined. Add the sugar and continue to stir. Place in a sealed glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
How to APPLY:
Get exfoliating! Your choice either day or night grab your lib scrubbing concoction from the fridge and apply it to your lips, gently rubbing in a circular motion. You’ll feel the sugar granules dissolve as they scrub away the flaky dry skin. Rinse off with a damp wash cloth.
**for extremely dry lips, with the lip scrub applied to your lips, try rubbing them with a toothbrush or mascara wand in a circular motion.
Why it WORKS:
Brown sugar in all its gritty goodness exfoliates the dead skin away.
Coconut oil is natural and you can eat it, unlike petroleum jelly! It is slow to oxidize so it keeps well and the fats in coconut oil moisturize your skin.
Honey has proteins which act as an antiseptic and an antibacterial, healing dry cracked lips.