Thanksgiving is the ALL American holiday, it’s a day where the dining table is set and families gather to enjoy a true feast. For some it’s a traditional family-style meal with classics like, a dressed turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and homemade pumpkin pie – tried-and-true family recipes that are counted upon year after year.
Some choose to spread their wings when it comes to the Thanksgiving menu with trending flavors, regional specialties or simply creating new traditions. I’m bringing you a Thanksgiving menu that will appeal to traditionalists and trend-setters alike. That’s right! No tofurky or turducken here, just turkey, but expect a few tasty surprises along the way!
1. Crisp-Skinned Butterflied Roast Turkey With Gravy: The star of the show, the moment everyone waits for on Thanksgiving Day… the turkey. Here is a no-fail recipe to the ever elusive moist, tender meat and crispy skin. Sure, it may not serve as la pièce de résistance for the centerpiece, but who cares after it’s carved and smattered with gravy anyway?!
2. Classic Sage and Sausage Stuffing: You may call it dressing, I call it stuffing, but it doesn’t matter because this is the stuff that Thanksgiving dreams are made of.
3. Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto with Frizzled Sage and Brown Butter: Go on and give squash the love it truly it deserves! Sure, it may sound complicated, but I assure you it’s not. In fact, it requires very little cooking effort and tastes amazing!
4. The Ultimate Homemade Green Bean Casserole: Go ahead and use French’s canned fried onions, instead of frying up your own, we won’t tell!
5. Ultra-Fluffy Mashed Potatoes: Turkey, gravy and yes, mashed potatoes. It’s like the Holy Trinity of Thanksgiving.
6. Over-the-Top Creamed Brussels Sprout Gratin: One bite and they’ll never turn their noses up at a Brussels sprout again! That’s right, take your sprouts to the next level with this extra-creamy, flavor-packed gratin.
7. Parker House Rolls: Is there any other roll more perfect for plate-mopping or stuffing with turkey and gravy than a feather-light, incredibly tender Parker House Roll? I think not.
8. Cranberry Sangria: Vino is the drink of choice when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner, why overcomplicated things by pairing wines when you can just whip up a batch of this fall favorite?
9. Pumpkin Pie: Can you even call it Thanksgiving without Grandma’s homemade pumpkin pie?!
10. Bourbon Baked Apples: Who could resist apple crisp baked inside of an apple, covered in bourbon and ice cream? If bourbon isn’t your thing, red wine would be nice.
11. Cranberry Hand Pies: Sweet, tart and cute these hand pies make serving dessert super simple.
Share your Thanksgiving must-have recipes in the comments below.