If you’re interested in learning healthier habits without restricting yourself to the point of “HANGRY,” this is the meal plan for you! I find that when I am too strict with my diet I end up eating my weight back!
This meal plan is for the active, busy and fitness conscious woman, looking to maintain a healthy bod, stay sane and feel energized. It’s an approachable week of healthy meals that shouldn’t leave you feeling overwhelmed!
Sweet Potato Tostadas
Kale and Coconut Chicken Soup (Serve with 1 Cup Steamed Rice or Quinoa)
Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Chicken Salad Filled Avocado
Baked Chicken Fajitas
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
Kale Apple and Feta Salad
Thai Baked Salmon
Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Sweet Potatoes
Hop off your high horse: Ponytails aren’t reserved solely for bad hair days or working on your fitness, and we have proof. We’ve turned to the top style bloggers out there who have shown us that ponytails are stylishenough to tag along on date night. Still not convinced? After checking out the likes of Chiara Ferragni and Wendy Nguyen in looks that range frompolished and sleek to fun and flirty, you’ll be running for your hair ties stat.
SLEEK AND POLISHED
2. Bangs: Steal your sleek looks from this Detroit native in a high ponytail with blunt bangs. Gabbi Gregg not only gives great hair advice, but she has also designed a sell-out swimwear collection and partnered with brands including Misguided, Nordstrom and Laura Mercier. We’d say her input is legit. (via Gabifresh)
3. Show Off Your Part: Follow the trend that this stylish blogger’s puttin’ down and part your hair down the middle, then slick it back with an air of sophistication. With this look, you’ll exude dating material. (via Girls Off Fifth)
4. Side Part: If you want to look exceptional, follow this diva’s lead and tie your hair up with a sexy side part. Oh, and while you’re at it, you may just want to hop on the jumpsuit trend too. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
5. Short Hair: You’ve probably hit up all her tips and tricks on YouTube, and now it’s time to follow her lead on how to do a short-haired updo in a sleek and sexy way. Don’t forget to add some dazzle with the perfect earrings to match your look. (via The Chriselle Factor)
6. Low Side Pony: Looking for something flirty and fun, yet befitting for aromantic dinner? Shea Marie, who’s worked with the likes of Dior, Gucci, H&M and Guess, has what you need. Let your hair hang low and loose, but keep it chic by pulling it to the side. (via Peace Love Shea)
7. Barely There: Danielle Bernstein will certainly fill you in on what to wear and how to style your hair. Freshen up your look with a barely-there ponytail, and let your date know you’re flirty and fun. (via We Wore What)
FLIRTY AND FUN
11. Messy Bangs: With her own line of t-shirts often displaying trendy sayings and inspirational quotes, there’s no coincidence that this stylist’s look gives off the girl-next-door vibe. If you want to appear approachable and cute on date night, follow suit and show off your bangs with your hair tied back and loose tendrils faming your face. (via Sincerely Jules)
12. Curls Galore: Show your true colors with this free-flowing hairstyle from Karen Blanchard and the experts of Vidal Sassoon. Embracing flirty and loose curls will show off confidence and just feel good. (via Vidal Sassoon)
13. Pony With a Twist: This ModCloth designer and Marie Claire columnist rocks a fun-loving style. Follow her cue and pile your hair high and in a twist for some good messy fun without trying too hard. (via Nicolette Mason)
14. Rocker-Chic: This rocker-chic ponytail is begging for a fun night out on the town. If you’re wearing anything leather as part of your date-night ensemble, please rock this pony with it. (via Peace Love Shea)
15. Beach Babe: Modeling a Jeremy Scott x Adidas French Fry swimsuit, Gabi Gregg shows us the perfect ‘do for a date on the beach. Channel your seaside mermaid with a happy-go-lucky braided high ‘do. If you decide to take a dip with your date, wind that hair into a big bun. (via Gabifresh)
16. Add a Hat: Crisp air, fall leaves and a romantic stroll with your datethrough the park: Sounds ideal, amiright? Keep warm and stylish like San Francisco-based Blaire Eadie by pairing a ponytail with a statement hat. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
17. Tie It up: Here’s an easy outfit upgrade for date night: Just add a ribbon and tie it into a boho bow. Julie Engel shows us two sweet ways to style: tied low and sleek, or playfully tied around a high ponytail. (via Gal Meets Glam)
18. Style Bubble: We typically try to hide the classic rubber band that binds our locks, but Susanna Lau shows us a hip way to show off our hair tie and transform the typical ponytail with a double band. Double dates are thing, so why not a double pony too? (via Style Bubble)
21. Pony Twist: The French know a little thing or two about romance, so go ahead and turn a few heads with this elegant and gorgeous twist. It may look complicated, but it’ll only take a few minutes to put together. (via Gal Meets Glam)
22. Bobby Pins: If you’ve got a last-minute date night or meeting up forhappy hour after work, limp, frizzy hair won’t cut it. Pull your hair back into a tousled side pony, and be sure to tuck away fly-aways by securing them with a few bobby pins. (via Wendy’s Lookbook)
Did we miss your favorite ponytail look? Tell us what you’ll be wearing come Friday or Saturday night!
So, you want to eat healthy and meal plan like a pro?
Don’t fail before you even begin! Spending time each week searching for recipes, making list after list of ingredients and groceries, getting to the store and prepping for the week ahead is about as exhausting as writing this run-on sentence… BUT it’s worth it.
Here is why: Anything you begin, a new job, a new family, a fitness goal etc. does not come easy, you struggle every day with hitting sales goals, waking up in the middle of the night with a hungry baby, working out once a day, saying no to office donuts… You get the picture, life is tough but, once you get your groove and understand how to NOT overcomplicate the process, all of that hard work begins to pay off. Soon you’ll find yourself meal planning and eating clean without even thinking about it.
Consistency is key, give anything about 21 days (this is the magic number that science has come up with) and you’ll form a habit. This means doing that one thing EVERY DAY for 21 days, no cheats, no skips and no tomorrows. Meal plan every day for 21 days and you’ll become a pro!
1. Get Inspired, Gather Recipes: Browse blogs and websites for ANYTHING that looks delicious and sticks to your clean eating goals. Store these recipes and don’t waste time or complicate things. I use Pinterest to store my faves because it’s visual and fast. Another option is Evernote For Food a quick way to grab recipes from the web on any device and create a cookbook, grocery list and meal plan. I’m also known for marking up cookbooks with sticky notes. Hey! whatever works.
2. Keep a Food Diary: Overwhelmed with the task of creating delicious, healthy and easy-to-execute meals for your household every day? You may want to start keeping a food diary. This habit can take away the headache of meal planning at the last minute. By recording meals that were definitely keepers you will have a go-to reference of stand-by meals that will make grocery shopping and meal planning much easier.
3. Start a Calendar: You’ve got to write it down. Choose a method that works for you, whether that be a chalkboard on the fridge, a journal, a Google Calendar or an Excel spreadsheet (like mine in the photo above.) Start filling in daily menus for the week with your clipped recipes or fave stand-by’s from your food diary.
4. Choose a Shopping Day and Create a List: You have your menus organized in your calendar now it’s time to really get organized. The goal of a grocery list is to ensure that you buy only what you need and it gets you in and out of the store quickly. Have your recipes nearby, take inventory of what you have in the cupboard and fridge and maintain a master list of things you buy each week (yogurt, eggs, milk…) then add to your master list the items you need from your recipes. Next, organize your list by grocery store department to save time like this:
- Bread, Cereal, Rice, and Pasta
- Milk, Yogurt and Cheese
- Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dry Beans, Eggs and Nuts
- Fats, Oils and Sweets
- Staples, Condiments and Miscellaneous Foods (spices, baking powder, etc.)
- Health and Beauty Products
- Household Items (laundry soap, light bulbs, etc.)
5. Food Prep: Think of this as an extension of grocery shopping. As soon as you return from the grocery store and begin unloading your bags, food prep begins. Wash and dry lettuce. Chop onions. Roast vegetables. Soak beans for tacos. Shred zucchini for zoodles. Stack up glass containers of prepped ingredients in the refrigerator and bask in your own awesome preparedness.
There you have it. Now go, get organized and become the meal planning warrior that you were meant to be!